Sunday, December 4, 2011

Beyond....music

Ok, so if you know me, you know that the last, almost decade of my life, has been given to music - writing, singing, learning guitar (actually, learning writing and singing too!), and everything in between and more - recording, touring, etc. This has all be wonderful, and I don't regret one minute of it! I have learned a TON, and have been able to feed my creative side, and enjoyed every moment! But recently, I have been doing a life-check. Am I living life??? Am I getting out of it all that it offers? The reality of it, is that I have been chasing the music dream, but am also single, still renting, and have student loans to repay. Which means I need a full-time job. Not to mention, I don't have some rich investor to pay for my recordings, touring, etc. Soooo...that means, Johanna has to find the money. Ok, no problem. I want this! But the problem that has occurred, which I realized during this "life-check" is that I was so busy with music and work, that I had no extra time for anything else, really. Though I did try once in a while, I guess I lost balance somewhere along the way. Plus, as a wise musician-friend once said to me, "How can you write songs about life, when you're not making time to live it??"  Oh so true, my friends!

This blog has started to become something more than just about hiking. It's about going out there, trying new things, whether it's something as small as baking (stay tuned for my next post!!), or as big as moving to a new country. It's about really, truly LIVING. So the next few posts will be my attempts at new things, or things I have sort of tried, but this time around, I am going BEYOND......

No comments:

Post a Comment